What are the Chances of Getting Cancer?
It probably goes without saying that if cancer runs in your family, there is a great risk that you may get cancer over the years. However, even the increased risk does not necessarily mean genetics are completely at odds with you as much as the next person without a family history. If you are looking for ways to prevent cancer, implementing a healthy lifestyle is the way to go, and this means avoiding – or quitting – smoking, exercising, and eating healthy. Of course, most people are aware of this, but do not understand where to start from such broad statements. Whether you are at the beginning stages or anywhere else in between, take a look at these helpful tips that are helpful in preventing disease:
- You Can Drink Caffeine:Caffeine tends to get a bad rep although there are numerous benefits surrounding it. Drinking 4-5 cups of coffee per day has been found to reduce the of cancer (not including decaf). Caffeine even beats tea in regard to proactive factors against carcinogens. Just remember: drink responsibly and don’t overdo it.
- Workout and Lose Weight: It comes off as no surprise that working out is on the list, but then there is the question of what type of workout should a person do? You can get enough of a workout completing brisk exercises, like walking, at least 2-3 hours out of the week. Burning off calories by getting your heart pump can reduce cancer risk by as much as 20%. Shedding as little as 10 pounds can make a difference in reducing the chanced of getting breast, endometrial, and ovarian cancer in women by regulating the production of female hormones.
- Eat Clean: Eating the right balance of carbs, protein, and fat is crucial to a healthy, but you also want to watch our where you are purchasing your foods. It is best to get meat that is free of additives like hormone or antibiotics, which has been linked to cancer and endocrine complications. The same should also go for your produce, and you want to get those that are free of pesticides. If expense is an issue, you can clean your fruits and veggies by diluting it in water with vinegar.
- Get More Greens: The darker the berry, the sweeter the juice, right? Well the same could be said for vegetables. Most dark, leafy greens are loads with nutrients that provide your body with everything it needs to keep the immune system strong. These veggies, such as kale and spinach, contain a large amount of chlorophyll and are loaded with magnesium. Magnesium affects signaling for cell, and if depleted, cells do things they shouldn’t such as drastically multiplying or dividing.
- Use Filtered Water: Water is our friend, but it can also be a deadly enemy if we do not drink it as pure as possible. There is a risk of consuming water from a bottle due to chemicals that can seep into it, and millions of people today do not understand the relationship it has with BPA. Getting a good filter for your home, and drinking out of glass, stainless steel, or a BPA-free container will help decrease exposure to carcinogens. Don’t forget to drink at least eight cups of water daily.
- Watch your Folic and Calcium Levels: While we need folic acid, especially women to prevent birth defects, ingesting high amounts of the supplemental form (not through food) can actually increase your chances of getting cancer. Opposite to folic acid, most suffer from not taking in enough calcium, which has a lot of protective factors that can be remedied consuming dairy products or veggies. If you are unsure of how much you should take or where you stand for either, speak with your doctor.
Another Natural Option for Cancer
Living as clean as possible can virtually reduce to eliminate your chances of getting diseases. Ensuring our body has enough of the nutrients it needs to keep our body strong is just as important. Along with eating as clean as possible and taking in food sources rich in nutrients, it's possible to give supply your body with what it needs using Baltic Essentials Hazelwood as a natural way to fight cancer related gastrointestinal (GI) issues. The attractive wood necklace is able to fend off cancer-causing free radials by supplying abundant levels of antioxidants directly to our bloodstream when it is worn. Another benefit of Hazelwood is that it balances our pH by providing an alkaline environment when our body is too acidic and is commonly seen in those who develop cancer. These benefits also make an incredible difference for people who currently suffer from cancer and have to deal with problematic GI symtoms such as GERD, gas, and constipation. It can be worn for several months without needing to be changed, which you will notice when the wood darkens.